Thursday, November 21, 2013

2013 POEMS








An Ocean of knowing ...





Shifting volumes

Oceans

Waves, currents, depths, shallows, shoals- threat, salvation, longing

 ...waters

of intent.

Each particle

Each invasive moment surrounding, engaging 


Each drop


an 

Opportune occasion

to 

Know—

the slinking, snaking, shining, exalting darks and lights

intonation, mode, scale, 

facility, graceful query

awkward groping,

of


Everything!



Orange 12.08.’13

_________________________


Or, the inexplicable:


A life in retreat...


By the tears beneath the tree

and grasses 's song 

whispering evolution til we stood

tall and long- Psychic Aid

See... Above

Their

Blades
-

The Yemen 
is where we went to meet the violence coming- '85?

No room for banal, no air left in that room. 

-ethics justify the venial, well... Always has.

The Real is for the Extraordinary.


Fall, ‘13


_________________________________________


OR

El Nino Years and Georgia's Pane


Its hard to explain about frogs, where
it was usually dry, judge grey
gravel dry
sage green weeds, blond and grey tumble, salmon weeds

but for seldom come big Nino years[1] when
two inches of clear water would sit Zen
above little rocks, sand and
thousands of frogs
years hidden 
appeared in the big cottonwood hole singing all night seems
below a turn in the road -they had to spread out 
cars had to smash ‘em
one had to miss and aim for the pool
in the hole
But a cottonwood caught it for the longest time.

***
Its hard to explain about Georgia.[2] how
that last year was
when the veil between worlds was so thin
It was payment in full, ‘a blast of pure white light 
glancing from a spread of black raven's wing’
it was better than any-thing, how
on the plane back from that oasis in Egypt
seeping its vast aquifer
in deep cold oracular pools, how
if the plane crashed on its way back, then it would have been ok 
with me and her
-maybe not the other folks on the craft...
.
*
But now John, ur right, there's still to do
I'll follow the streams I always have, to their source. You will too.
You can give charity if you receive it, Steve
for the love of God, Bill!


September 3, 2013
11 Reggae Court, LN CA




[1] I was a boy child, un nino, then as well as it being a wet El Nino year.
[2] Georgia was my mother who came to live with me when I was Newman Chalplain at SSU in N. California.  After 5 years there, I got sick, retired; she, at 80, and I took care of each other for another 5 years.  The ‘last year’ mentioned in the poem was 2005.  "Georgias Pane"is the vision she provided into the otherworld, like an Icon.



__________________________________

DesertSea MountainSky
IceWaterFountains
Lie

‘Leaves of Grass Sing
Body Electric’ Whispers
Rustlers Salty Sinews

All a few inchesWithinAbove

One's

T'aint
T’is
T’isn’t
Eternal Three or One
MemBranes Touch
Moments Erupt from Timeless Glory

Creation Once
Re-Creation

Reach you say!?

Each for
Each

09.30.13




_________________________________


-Patrons Come and Go 

Pissing and squeezing their purse

feathers wafting on any breeze


Light boats still sail by the trillion on an afternoon sea.

-They could but they don't- 

Mind gripping blue 

Morning Glories still chain any chain link to the sky

as they pray and make love with the Sun-
each to each.

can run the length of a city block.

They should- they could- but use their children instead...

Wave upon wave crash and boom

Oceans lap, lap, lap, against the coastal range

pretty kitty at her milk

bamboo splinters, ropes of silk


We've painted caves and cathedrals while you strut and stumble

pinch pennies to your scrotum 

waste dollars on water witches and astrologers.

There are places beyond pictures, words or ideas

Finally, you will see



And you won't even know it's me>




October , 2013


___________________________________


DE DEUM


They call me “God.”  What a word?  Some call me Ganesh, Shiva, Kokyanwuti

And “Father!”

Well, I did make that perfect girl with child-
So, father
I Am!

And such a Son

I Am.

But these words- God, Purity, Father/Son- what do they mean to me?

Better SILENCE from you about Me and My Doings. 

Pure Spirit

I Am.  Better you focus on being yourself kind, patient, merciful, humble, honest, brave, loving, wise and just- And BELIEVE that I want that-that that’s what I require.  Quiditas

(‘Honest’ especially, since lies are the language of the Prince of Lies and his cruel humor at your nearly infinite capacity to delude- yourself! The appearance of holiness, the sounds of holiness are not holiness, for example-  Only you and I...)

I blew the stars from clouds of gas
fragile as blown glass

I am the ‘Maker of Worlds’- even your precious, lovely, lonely earth with all its biology- (Keep it well, for I will remember your Doings...)

I caused the Branes of Being to touch- Magnificent Moment of Eternity- I Am.

So, you “go walking by the River, the beautiful, beautiful River...”

I’ll be there too
Frogs and turtles
Trees and streams
I’m there,
with you!

I’ll ‘lift you up on angel’s wings’
Son or daughter
Daughter, son

‘I’ll fly away, fly away Old Glory’

You say,
I say
Stay,

Stay with Me.
Here and Now
I’m all there is.

I’ll show you

I AM the ‘Furthest Shore!’

Stay with Me and mine

With me there’s always

more!


Date Unsure in  '013

__________________________